Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The last two days have definitely been two of the best days of my life. On Tuesday, we made fig marmalade with fig's we picked the day before. Everybody helped by stirring, putting in sugar or calculating how much of each ingredient to put in and figuring out how much each person got. The next day, we each brought some home. The teacher gave me some extra 'cause she said I worked hard and because we are new, we should get a Mexican experience while we're here. After school, we took a taxi home because my dad was doing a presentation of being a nurse for some juniors in a high school. I had Spanish class and then I went straight to rock climbing. Alejandro remodeled everything and it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUN! I even overheard a compliment while I was climbing! I was climbing and I heard some new person say to his friend that I look like a climber.

6 comments:

  1. Caught up on all your blogs just now, Oscar. I love your enthusiasm!
    Hmm ... if you got a lot of fig marmalade, maybe we can get a taste in a few weeks. I wouldn't be surprised, however, if it's so yummy that you'll end up devouring it all. In that case we'll just look for some at the market. (Or maybe you'll end up teaching us how to make some more.)

    I'm also looking forward to seeing some of your moves on your new rock climbing wall. Glad you are having so much fun, Oscar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah we were already thinking when you come we can make it together cause I have the recipe.

      Delete
  2. I. Love. Fig. Marmalade.

    So jealous. I'll bet yours is fantastic. Lots of love from Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice compliment! Bet that made you feel good.

    I'd never heard of fig marmalade. Sounds sticky and sweet...yum
    Nana

    ReplyDelete