Thursday, August 2, 2012

Today we had quite a bit of things to do. First we went rockclimbing, then after we had a lot of fun at the rockclimbing gym we stayed at home for a little bit and watched olympics. Then my mom and dad's Spanish teacher came and we showed him a little bit of Foxy Shazam. He's a really funny singer kind of like Weird Al with a lot of crazy music videos and a high-pitched voice.

We were going to go to the clinic to get my allergy shot, but ended up in the hospital after trying three different places to try the right place. At the hospital we met a doctor that helped us and was one doctor that a lot of people seemed to look up to and he is Italian and luckily he speaks some English. He then told us that one of his nurses could do it and the nurse put the needle in for a really long time and injected it slowly and it was agonizing. I was like, "Just get it over with!!" But I got through waiting for half an hour to see if I had a reaction by reading a book on my Kindle.

This is Cowjie last night, under my Germany blanket my grandma made for me. He kind of took up most of my bed so I had to squeeze in.


6 comments:

  1. Hey, Oscar,

    I'm behind on my comments, but I'm caught up on reading your blogs. Thanks for sharing your stories. I think it's cool that you and your sister are doing so much rock climbing. Is your dad also taking a turn?

    Sorry for your suffering at the clinic!

    Love,
    Papa Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did your dad tell you that I saw Foxy Shazam play in Chicago? It was an incredible show, especially because I had never heard of them before. The whole band must be in good shape to rock out that hard!

    That shot sounds PAINFUL. Good thing you are muy macho, si?

    (I probably shouldn't try any Spanish with you experts.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have taken Smally with you to get (or not) get our visa stamped...since he is currently a fan of chicken. I'm so glad that you were able to find someone to help with the allergy shot! I found some photos of Me 262s that are not new but new to me...you've probably seen them before. If you want, I'll send you one.

    If you think Cowjie takes up a lot of the bed, you should see Smally. He like to sleep sideways and takes advantage of our politeness by nudging us when we're asleep. We find ourselves cramped into about 1/4 of the bed while he snoozes. We had to banish him from the bed again because he is now capable of jumping off and re-injuring his knee. So now he has to sleep in his crate again. Sorry to be all about Smally these days but he is taking up about 3/4 of our life (at least we have the bed back!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. funny, will you send a picture of 262's please that would be interesting

      Delete