Monday, December 3, 2012

When we picked up my grandparents at the airport I was really happy because I hadn't seen them in a long time. On the drive back to our house we basically ate chocolate. When we arrived, we showed them their rooms and talked.

                                  Thursday  
In the morning me and my sister walked around with papa Tom and JoJo to show them the center. At two after my mom had finished her meeting, we got on the road to Tapachula. We didn't do much on the way there but a couple miles before Tapachula, we ran into a road block. Later we figured out that some city employees were on strike and blocked the road. We didn't know what to do because the line was moving forward a tiny bit but it would stop constantly and we didn't want to be caught in the middle of all the cars. We met these two people, one named Ftrank and the other I can't remember. They told us that a town a couple miles back had a hotel called La Piedra (The Rock). We talked about what people wanted to do and our options. We finally decided that we would go and try to find the hotel. We looked really hard but still couldn't find the hotel. By then I was asleep because I was very very tired. My dad was walking around and asking people for a decent hotel when he saw a big semi. He approached it and told the man about the blockade. Then asked if there was decent hotel close. The man then told my dad that actually the blockade was done. My dad thanked him and then we went on our way. In Tapachula We went to the hotel that was recommended in the guide book. When we located the hotel we went there right away. Turns out that the hotel was full so we tried a couple hotels then checked into one. We fell asleep almost right away. We watched TV while Papa Tom and my dad got some dinner.

 In the morning after eating breakfast we drove to the Ruta del Cafe. We that it wold be only one hour and fifteen minutes away but then the pavement was so bad it took two hours. First we tried some coffee and then we went to check out our cabin. Our cabin was awesome. It had a BATH, (we don't have one at home) a shower, two beds, a living room and a nice porch. The three days that we stayed there we got a tour of the coffee route, had coffee bean wars, went on the zip line, drank german beer including me because I decided it was my destiny :) (just a little though). We had a fun time and relaxed a lot.



This was a long time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment